Thursday, February 26, 2015

I've made my decision! No going back!

I've had a lot of things going on with my personal life, and I've been thinking a lot these past few weeks. So I didn't have much time to work on Liberty. At least now some of my thoughts have been cleared.

First, I've decided to get a Patreon account. Actually, I already made one to see what it has to offer. I had my account for about a month now, updating the details to my needs and making sure I don't go overboard with the pricing. I've also set some goals, rewards and a simple "thank you" message for those who are willing to support. For those who have voted "yes, get a Patreon", thank you for encouraging me. I'll work even harder despite the chance of not being able to continue with my studies (it's actually a small price to pay in exchange for being able to work on HotK even more, and I've already graduated a 2-year course). And for those who voted "no, don't get a Patreon", thank you as well for giving me your thoughts.

Second, I've decided that, if I cannot continue my studies, I'll just focus on working with Heart of the Kingdom to make sure it meets the deadlines I've set for myself. While it's true that education is important, I've had my fair share of learning and, truth be told, I'm tired of being a student. I don't like being told what to do without a good reason. I only studied again because I was bored and couldn't find a job (that was about three years ago now). In reality, I just wanted to sit down and practice my skills in game development, which in a short time led me to create HotK.

I also received a personal comment from some people saying that I should try working on Liberty as a Unity3D project. While I have been tinkering with Unity3D, I'm not quite sure I'd be able to convert my project's progress to Unity3D that easily since I'm only starting with Unity3D. That's another thought for another time I guess. I'll let you decide if you want to see Liberty as a Unity3D project (which I cannot assure).

2 comments:

  1. That's a very big decision.
    I'd take some time of from everything and think about this once again.
    I had to quit Uni because of my health and I'm pretty glad that I found something I like in making games, but I still regret having to drop out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's hard to decide, but I've made my choice to go independent now.
    That's too bad, sorry to hear that. By the way, what do you mean by Uni if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete