Thursday, February 5, 2015

Good News, Bad News

Hello again. I dropped by to say that Chapter 1 of Liberty - HotK is about to be released. Please be reminded that your old save data will NOT work for this version, so it is strictly advised to play from the beginning. After that, your save should work with all future release of HotK until further notice. The expected release is in between February 8 and February 14, 2015.

That's the good news. Now the bad news:

I'm now having a lot of trouble working on Liberty in financial terms. I'm running a bit low on budget to rent a computer just to work on HotK. So I set up a poll to help me decide whether to create a Patreon account for HotK or keep it as it is. Honestly, I find Patreon not to my liking because it makes money whenever the individual posts something. And, as I've said, Liberty - HotK will always remain free for download. But now, contradictions arise: whether to use Patreon to support my game or stick to my virtues and find alternative ways to work on it.

The poll may end at any time, so it would mean a lot to help me decide.

5 comments:

  1. I suppose you could do something like release the builds to patreons a week or two before general release, that way everyone will get it for free if they want without a crazy delay while patreons get an advantage and you satisfy the criteria for releasing builds to patreon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could work, but I have some problems regarding the Foreign Tax ID Number? How do I fill it out for someone who lives in the Philippines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea, I only use Patreon to support creators

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you can always put it that you will only charge when you release something since you dont release more then once a month and you can put that donations can be 1 dollar and give sneak peek leaving the product to be free, like all the good game and art designers i watch the good ones do this their material still is free after a week sometimes a month and we [pay for the sneak peek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and if you start releasing more than once a month you can change it to a month instead of each release

      Delete